13 Lucky Drinks for St. Patty’s Day
Time sure is flying in 2013. St. Patrick's Day is tomorrow and if you haven't figured out what Irish libations you'll be preparing or consuming on the green-wearing day we've got you covered. Whether you're hosting a party, or just hanging out with friends at a local venue, you should get in the spirit of March 17th! We've come up with 13 lucky drinks that you should try for St. Patty's Day!
1. Irish Coffee is simply whiskey and coffee. It's a classic. You can't spell Irish without coffee! Just kidding, you can. But you should really try this one on the morning of St. Patty's Day to start off your day or top off your night with it and a dollop of sweet whipped cream!
2. Guinness Beer. The factory is right in the heart of Ireland! You can't drink on St. Patrick's Day without a glass of guinness beer. Drink like the Irish. Cold, refreshing, and tasty!
3. Green Beer. Add green food coloring to your beer for the St. Patrick's Day tradition! If you're not wearing green, spill a little on yourself -- problem solved!
4. Irish Jack Rose. With a mix of whiskey and apple brandy, you'll love this cocktail. Top it off with a slice of lime for good looks, and you'll be satisfied.
5. Irish Blonde. Whiskey and orange in a martini glass.. called an Irish Blonde! Check out the recipe here!
6. Gaelic Flip Cocktail. A thicker cocktail, but just as delicious as the rest. Vermouth, more whiskey, and some nutmeg in an Irish coffee cup, and you're set! Check out the recipe here!
7. The Brotherhood. Grand marnier, whiskey, benedictine, and some lemon juice, and you're set for this classic Irish cocktail. Check out the recipe here!
9. Irish Car Bomb. Similar to a sake bomb! Irish stout and a shot of Irish whiskey and you're set for your Irish car bomb. Drop it in for the fun drinking experience!
10. Frisky Whiskey. Shake up some whiskey, honey liquor, and orange juice for this frisky cocktail!
11. Irish Smash. Similar to a mojito, drop some mint leaves and lemon wheels in your whiskey for the night!
12. Shamrock Shake. Blend together some banana, spinach, coconut milk, vanilla and peppermint for a wonderful alcohol-free shamrock shake! This is not only healthy, but it's super delicious for your St. Patrick's Day!
13. Peanut Butter Green Smoothie. Banana, peanut butter, spinach and water mixed together creates another delicious green smoothie that's good for you!
Which one of these looks most enticing? Try out some of these delicious cocktails and St. Patrick's Day drinks and tell us which was your favorite. Remember to be responsible when consuming alcohol, but have a great St. Patty's Day! Let us know in a comment below, or drop by our Facebook or Twitter page!