- For every cup of firmly packed rose petals you use, pour two cups of boiling water over top. (The exact number will vary depending on how much you’re making, but the ratio won’t!)
- Cover and steep until the water’s cooled, then strain into a sterilized jar. Don’t forget to squeeze remaining liquid out of the petals!
- Voila! You’ve got rosewater to bring your beauty regimen to the next level. Just keep it refrigerated when not in use!
- Bring 1/2 cup coconut oil to a boil. Add 2 tablespoons rosewater (told you it’d be useful) and 1/2 cup mixed fresh flower petals such as rose or jasmine.
- Return to a boil and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Let the flowers steep in the oil overnight, and then strain the oil into an airtight container.
- To oil your hair, gently massage four to five tablespoons of the oil onto the crown of your head and into your scalp. Wrap hair in a towel and allow the oils to penetrate for at least 20 minutes. Shampoo and rinse as usual.
- Blend a little cold cream (basically any moisturizer you have lying around), yogurt, honey, aloe vera gel and avocado in your blender until smooth.
- Use a brush (or your clean hands) to spread the mask onto your face.
- Let dry for about 15-20 minutes and rinse.
A Springtime Spa: DIY Treatments to Try
With all the cold weather in California lately, it might be hard to forget that spring is on the way. The world will brighten as new flowers bloom, the days will get warmer, and it’ll be time for swishy skirts and tank tops before you know it! So get ready for spring and summer with these DIY beauty treatments! Give them away as gifts, or even host a girl’s night in (or out - a spa party at a beachfront location in Malibu would really help you and your friends relax) to pamper yourselves. to relax with a cocktail and partake in some much-needed pampering!
Homemade Rosewater: Think about it ladies, how many spa treatments require rosewater? And how many of us just don’t have the time or money to pick up a bottle at our local health food store or farmer’s market? Well thankfully, there is a faster, cheaper way to get the beauty benefits rosewater offers (so you can be radiant for those classy office events) – make your own! Here’s how:
Coconut and Flower Hair Treatment: Using an oil treatment on your hair is a great way to make it smooth and shiny, not to mention nourish and moisturize your scalp. This particular treatment is a little more complicated than the previous recipe, but hey – what’s a little preparation when the result is healthy, shiny, flipable hair?
Fresh Fruit Facial Mask: Finally, what girl doesn’t love a nice facial? After the long, dry months of winter, you can treat yourself to a refreshing, hydrating facial mask, using ingredients you can find in your own kitchen! This homemade remedy will save you tons of money on high-priced beauty treatments, get your skin ready for a fabulous nightclub bash, and probably tastes delicious, too! Simply follow these steps: