- Blend the pisco, lime juice, egg white, sugar, and ice in a blender until smooth, about 1 minute. Pour into fluted glasses and top each with 1 to 2 dashes of the aromatic bitters to serve.
- Place the orange, grapefruit and sugar in a plastic bowl. Use the end of a rolling pin to pound until lightly crushed.
- Divide orange mixture among serving glasses. Top with ice. Pour over the rum, limoncello and tonic water to serve.
- Divide cherries, mint leaves, and sugar among 4 glasses. Mash everything together with the back of a wooden spoon. Stir in rum and lime juice. Fill glasses with ice and top with seltzer. Garnish with mint sprigs.
- Fill highball glass with ice. Add Pimm's, then top with ginger beer, garnish with cucumber slice and mint sprig, and serve.
- In a food processor, puree the watermelon flesh. Pour the pureed watermelon into empty ice cube trays and freeze for at least 4 hours. Also, freeze 4 martini glasses.
- In a blender combine the frozen watermelon cubes, simple syrup, lemon juice, vodka, and melon liqueur; blend until smooth. Pour into 4 frozen martini glasses and garnish each with a lemon twist.
- Stir together lime juice and agave nectar; add to a blender, along with pineapple juice, pineapple, triple sec, tequila, and ice. Blend until smooth and frothy.
- In a small shallow bowl or saucer, combine chili powder, sugar, and salt. Rub a lime wedge around the rims of four glasses, then dip glasses in spice mix to coat. Divide drink among glasses and serve with lime wedges.
- In a large pitcher, muddle mint sprigs with sugar and lemon and lime juices until well combined. Add ice, rum and club soda and stir together. Pour into glasses, straining out mint. Enjoy!
- Add gin, lime and lemon wheels, juniper berries, lemon verbena and flower to an ice-filled rocks glass. Top with tonic water to taste.
- In a tall glass, muddle the peach with the 6 basil leaves and the lemon juice. Add the gin, Lillet and simple syrup. Add ice cubes and top with club soda. Garnish with basil.
- Combine in a blender, ice, strawberry water, tequila, lime juice, Triple Sec and simple syrup. Puree until smooth. Pour into rocks glasses and serve.
- In a large pitcher, combine Hoegaarden with ginger beer. Stir in most lemon slices and mint sprigs. Fill 6 rocks glasses with ice. Add remaining lemon slices to glasses and pour in shandy. Garnish each drink with a mint sprig and serve.
- In a cocktail shaker muddle together vodka, limoncello, simple syrup, and raspberries.
- Fill shaker with ice and shake well. Pour into glasses and serve.
- In a blender combine pineapple juice, grapefruit juice, honey and gin. Blend until frothy. Pour into a pitcher and serve.
- Add all the ingredients except the club soda to a shaker and fill with ice. Shake, and strain into a Collins glass filled with fresh ice. Top with club soda and garnish with a grapefruit wedge.
- Shake all ingredients well with ice, then strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- In a shaker, muddle the basil and cucumber. Add the remaining ingredients and fill with ice. Shake well and strain into a rocks glass filled with fresh ice. Garnish with a lime wedge or cucumber wheel.
- Pit and cut peach and apricots into 1/4-inch dice. Divide fruit evenly among 16 sections of an ice cube tray. Add 1 teaspoon peach nectar to each section (just enough to cover fruit). Freeze, about 6 hours.
- Put 4 fruit cubes into each of 4 chilled wine glasses. Pour 1/4 cup chilled Sauternes into each glass. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Place the cream of coconut, pineapple juice, light rum, and ice in a blender. Pulse until smooth and combined, then pour into a glass.
- Top with 1/2 ounce dark rum and garnish with a piece of fresh pineapple.
- Combine sugar, 1/2 cup strawberries, half of ginger, and 1/3 cup water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until berries soften, about 3 minutes. Let cool. Strain and set syrup aside.
- Muddle 2 cups strawberries, 1/4 cup basil, and remaining ginger in a large jar or bowl. Add brandy, lime juice, and reserved syrup and stir to combine. Chill at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours to let flavors meld.
- Strain mixture into a large punch bowl, pressing on solids to release as much liquid as possible.
- Add club soda and remaining 1/2 cup straw-berries and 1/4 cup basil. Serve over ice.
- Rub the rim of a pint glass with a lime wedge and dip in kosher salt; fill glass with ice. Add lime juice, tomato juice, orange juice, and Worcestershire sauce; season with hot sauce. Top off with cold Mexican lager and stir to combine.
- Mix all ingredients except the sparkling wine together in a shaker over ice. Shake and pour into a glass over fresh ice and top with sparkling wine.
- Using zester or paring knife, slice peel from lemon in long, thin spiral. Reserve lemon for another use and set peel aside.
- In cocktail shaker, combine gin, lemon juice, and simple syrup. Add ice and shake vigorously for 20 seconds. Strain into chilled Champagne flute and top with sparkling wine.
- Curl lemon peel around finger to create twist at least 6 inches long. Garnish drink with twist and serve immediately.
21 DIY Summer Cocktail Recipes: Countdown to Summer Solstice
Our countdown to the summer solstice continues! Build on your already amazing summer appetizer menu with these incredible cocktail recipes. While you're at it, check out our 4th of July barbeque recipes, gorgeous pool party venues, or summer party places for more inspiration!
2 cups pisco
1 cup fresh lime juice
1 egg white
1 1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
2 cups crushed ice
2 oranges, cut into 8 wedges
1 ruby red grapefruit, coarsely chopped
2 tbs caster sugar
1 cup crushed ice
125ml (1/2 cup) white rum
125ml (1/2 cup) limoncello
125ml (1/2 cup) chilled tonic water
1 cup pitted fresh or frozen (thawed) cherries
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, plus 4 sprigs for garnish
8 teaspoon(s) sugar
6 ounces (3/4 cup) dark rum
1/4 cup lime juice
3 cups cherry-flavored seltzer
About 1 cup ice cubes
1/4 cup (2 ounces) Pimm's No. 1
6 tablespoons (3 ounces) ginger beer or ginger ale
1 cucumber slice
1 sprig fresh mint (5 to 6 leaves)
4 cups watermelon flesh, seeds removed
2 fluid ounces simple syrup
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup vodka
2 fluid ounces melon liqueur
4 twists lemon zest, garnish
1/3 cup fresh lime juice (from about 3 limes), plus wedges for serving
3 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
1 cup pineapple juice
2 cups fresh or frozen pineapple cubes
1/4 cup triple sec
1/3 cup tequila
2 cups ice
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1 bunch fresh mint, cleaned
1 cup sugar
4 lemons, juiced
4 limes, juiced
1 (750 ml bottle) light rum
1 liter club soda
1½ oz. gin, preferably a floral brand such as Hendrick's
1 lime wheel
1 lemon wheel
2 juniper berries
1 Lemon verbena leaf
1 edible flower, such as nasturtium
Tonic water to top, preferably Fever Tree
1/2 large peach, sliced
6 small basil leaves, plus more for garnish
1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 ounces gin
1 ounce Lillet
1/2 ounce simple syrup
2 cups crushed ice
1/2 cup strawberry puree (frozen can or fresh strawberries, pureed)
1 cup tequila
2 limes, juiced
Splash Triple Sec
Splash simple syrup (equal amounts sugar and water heated until sugar dissolves, then cooled)
11. Ginger Shandies
3 bottle(s) (11.2-ounce) chilled Hoegaarden beer
1 bottle(s) (12-ounce) chilled ginger beer
1 thinly sliced lemon
Mint sprigs, for garnish
8 oz berry flavored vodka
2 oz limoncello
2 oz simple syrup
Lime wedges for garnish
1 (46 fluid ounce) can pineapple juice
1 (46 fluid ounce) can grapefruit juice
1 (8 ounce) jar honey
2 cups gin
1.5 oz Beefeater 24 Gin
2 tsp Maraschino liqueur
1.5 oz Grapefruit juice
.25 oz Fresh lemon juice
Garnish: Grapefruit wedge
1 1/2 ounces light rum
1 ounce fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon simple syrup or superfine sugar
2 Fresh basil leaves
2 (.25-inch) slices Cucumber
1.5 oz Moon Mountain Vodka
1 oz Lemonade
.25 oz Lime juice
Garnish: Lime wedge or cucumber wheel
Recipe courtesy of Martha Stewart
Photo Credit: marthastewart.com
1 large peach (about 7 ounces)
2 medium apricots (about 2 ounces each)
1/3 cup peach nectar
1 cup chilled Sauternes
2 ounces cream of coconut
2 ounces pineapple juice
1 1/2 ounces light rum
2 cups ice
1/2 ounce dark rum
1 piece fresh pineapple
1/3 cup sugar
12 ounces fresh strawberries, hulled, halved or quartered if large (about 3 cups), divided
1 3-inch piece ginger, peeled, thinly sliced, divided
1/2 cup (packed) fresh basil leaves, divided
1 1/2 cups brandy
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 12-ounce cans club soda
cold Mexican lager (Pacifico, Corona)
1/2 ounce fresh orange juice
1 1/2 ounces fresh lime juice
1 ounce tomato juice
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
dash hot sauce
1 1/2 oz. Buffalo Trace Bourbon
1/2 oz. fresh lemon juice
1/2 oz. organic blackberry purée
1/2 oz. simple syrup
dash aromatic bitters
1 cardamom pod
3 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) gin
1 1/2 tablespoons (3/4 ounce) fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon (1/2 ounce) simple syrup
1 cup ice cubes
1/4 cup (2 ounces) dry sparkling wine, such as brut Champagne, chilled
We hope these summer cocktail recipes inspire you on the summer solstice! Have you tried any of these recipes? Leave a comment below!